To highlight that the live events sector urgently needs support from governments to survive the Covid-19 crisis, there is a day of global action on 30th September
What are we doing?
Across the world at 8pm UK time, event professionals from thousands of cities in
more than 20 countries are joining together to STAND AS ONE. We will be passing the
baton across the time zones initiating creative expressions that will see:
- #LightItInRed buildings - venues and structures illuminated red with our signature
expression of Red Alert.
- Shine a Light - 60 strategically placed shafts of white light beamed up into the night
sky each one signifying 10,000 potential job losses.
- Inside Out - unique projections of what would have been taking place inside a venue, onto the outside of the empty venues reminding the press and the public of what
they are missing and may never recover.
- Creative & Art installations – illustrating the numbers of event professionals either
already out of work or expecting to be soon.
These are just some of many creative events that will take place.
Why are we doing it?
- To let the press and the public know what is happening and how this affects us all.
- To continue to creatively express to Governments that we exist, we need help, and the huge contribution we make to our economy.
- To empower event professionals around the world to collectively STAND AS ONE.
Want to get involved?
Make sure you follow and share our posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and
- Join in on social media by posting an image next to a beam of light, including your
story of how you’ve been impacted. Make sure you include the hashtag
- Register your building for #LightItInRed
- Post an image next to any white beam of light on social media, including your story of
how you’ve been impacted. Make sure you include the hashtag #WeMakeEvents.
- If you would like to get involved on the day or would like some additional promotional
assets please email email@example.com.
- Share a picture of the last event you attended alongside the hashtag #WeMakeEvents.
- Visit our press area at www.wemakeevents.com/news
Where is it taking place?
#WeMakeEvents is a global campaign, see the 20 countries and counting who are
joining in on our global hub at: www.wemakeevents.com/global-hub
In the UK, the following cities have signed up:
Find out more on our website: www.wemakeevents.com/GLOBAL-ACTION-Day