Job Title: Trade Show Manager
Company: Outsourced Events
Location: Chiswick, West London
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Salary Info: £30K-£35K, depending on experience
To apply: Please send CV & covering letter quoting job ref: TSM19 to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 15 February 2019
Job code: TSM19 – to be quoted in email subject line
Outsourced Events specialises in providing marketing and event services to the technology, industry association and professional services sectors. Set up 17 years ago by two of the directors, it now services more than 40 clients and runs upwards of 200 events per year. Most projects are customer and prospect focussed conferences, exhibitions and seminar programmes targeting decision makers within the IT teams of large organisations, the vast majority of which are held across EMEA. The company is also looking to grow and build the industry associations’ sector from which it has a number of large clients.
The event management team handles all aspects of the project management for client events particularly focussing on delegate and sponsor experience. This includes venue sourcing, logistics liaison and management right the way through to onsite delivery. As an organisation great pride is taken in delivering the highest quality of service to all clients and these relationships are absolutely key to the ongoing growth of Outsourced Events. You will join a small, friendly team of 20 based in West London, all of whom have a wealth of experience and knowledge in event management. By joining a small company, you will be given the opportunity to work across a number of projects and tasks which will provide you with the exposure to new experiences and the opportunity to learn fast on the job.
Key roles and responsibilities – working with the Event Director and/or Client Lead:
- Planning, managing and delivering bespoke design trade show stands to the highest standard from start to finish and meeting client objectives of quality and cost effectiveness through third party suppliers
- Ability to multi-task and work across a number of projects with several clients whilst maintaining the required standard of service
- Managing show in accordance with the agreement and resourcing levels agreed in the SoW.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining time lines and priorities on all shows.
- As directed by client lead, obtain pricing, create estimates, place orders, obtain confirmations and generally co-ordinate show presence (eg electrical, carpeting, cleaning, labour, material handling, rigging) online or by telephone.
- Regularly and proactively communicate project status with all stakeholders verbally, by email and using online collaboration software.
- Ensuring weekly report submitted in a timely fashion.
- Working with the OE Finance Team, budget management and associated reporting, ensuring accurate financial record keeping.
- Working with the client to develop all show related internal staff briefing documents.
- Manage housing requirements.
- If required, co-ordinate support staff to trade show team.
- Consolidate, co-ordinate and process inventory and equipment requests.
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Ensuring all health and safety requirements are monitored and maintained.
- Evaluating and reporting on the success of each event and considering areas of improvement.
- Post event reporting and delivery of required data being mindful of GDPR requirements.
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive - as each project is different.
- You will report directly to the project lead for each event as well as your line manager and Director of Operations for day-to-day issues.
Key qualities required:
- Highly self-motivated, energetic, reliable and driven with a professional manner at all times.
- At least three years’ experience of planning, managing and running all aspects of trade show attendance.
- Ability to interpret and guide CAD documents
- Understanding of shell scheme design and spatial management practices
- Highly developed customer focussed communication and negotiation skills plus excellent relationship management.
- Experience of developing and managing budgets.
- Strong communication skills particularly face-to-face.
- Excellent attention to detail and project oriented.
- Time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Very organised and structured; logical and analytical mind.
- Ability to digest information and present it within PowerPoint in a clear and logical fashion whilst ensuring consistency of format and branding.
- Ability to take responsibility for ensuring deadlines are met.
- Ability to work without heavy supervision.
- Good understanding of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hard working and dedicated team player.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Fluency in another language would also be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to travel overseas for site visits and onsite attendance at events.
- High energy, positive attitude, willingness to pitch in and help others.