Job Role: Sales & Marketing Executive
Location: Twickenham, London
Salary: Negotiable - depending on experience
Job Type: Full time, permanent
To Apply: Complete the information here - or directly by sending your CV & covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 30 April 2019
Pico is a global Total Brand Activation company with a proven track in creating experiential communication platforms which delivers business growth for the brand Pico represents. Our track record spans nearly half a century. Innovative, insightful and inspired, Pico has gained a worldwide reputation for bringing brands to life through powerful and engaging experiences – from strategy to execution.
Pico`s communication practitioners and discipline leaders have extensive management experience in international marketing agencies and have won numerous international awards in their portfolios. Together with Pico's existing exhibition, event management, and themed-environment services, Pico+ can provide clients with the most comprehensive brand and marketing services available.
By blending technology, digital, gaming, social media and other traditional engagements with cutting-edge real space and real time experiences, we provide innovative result-driven solutions which generate compelling moments and form deep and lasting relationships with the right audiences.
Our strength comes from the diversity of our some 2,400 inspired professionals in nearly 40 major cities worldwide and the depth of our understanding of different cultures and industry practices. Backed by some 80,000 sq. m. of production facilities across five continents, we are passionate about achieving our clients’ missions across multiple activation platforms – from exhibitions, events and world expos; to retail and branded environments, museums and themed environments, visual identity solutions, sports marketing and overlays, and venue management and consultation.
Winner of “the Best Marketing Website” at WebAward 2017 organised by US-based Web Marketing Association
Expo 2017 Astana: Pico’s Work Received Four Awards from EXHIBITOR Magazine
- Working and supporting Management to identify prospective targeted industry clients, exhibition events, targeting exhibitors for these events through direct marketing techniques (mail chimp), cold calling on occasions to generate and follow up leads and taking briefs from potential clients.
- Support Global Marketing Department on specific targeted shows, taking ownership and liaising these to the UK team and if necessary to other Pico regional offices.
- Implementing and executing targeted national and international marketing campaigns to generate leads and win new business through communicating, meeting and networking Driving new business pitches, developing proposals to maximise conversion rates
- Discussing brand enhancement suggestions to potential clients and supporting them in all marketing and other communication initiatives
- Prepare ppt presentations and papers to brief key personnel in advance of meetings with potential clients and/or stakeholders
- Onsite marketing by attending exhibitions/events to network and generate leads for the future.
- Maintain a database of existing clients and utilising this CRM (client’s relationship management) system to keep existing clients of Pico’s global technical updates and services.
- Maintain our activities/service offerings and postings news for our social network such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Whatsapp, WeChat, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook and similar social platform to generate interest among followers/potential clients.
- Attending team/clients meetings, brain storming and pitch sessions. Taking notes and contact reports to follow up with clients and staff to ensure timeline and deadlines are adhered for projects/events/bids/tenders or credential presentations.
- Responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of international accounts
- Creation of case studies from Project Manager’s briefing from recent projects
- Keeping Pico+ Europe team members profile up to date and ready for inclusion in presentations
- Meeting and liaising with clients to discuss and identify their requirements
- Ensuring client needs are accurately reflected in written communications and verbally so that an appropriate solution can be agreed
- Liaising with, and acting as a link between, the client and key internal and external suppliers, by maintaining regular contact with both, ensuring that communication flows effectively and in a timely fashion
- Effectively communicating project expectations and client requirements to design team to ensure progress of experiential marketing campaign
- Drafting and submission of design and budget proposals, and recommending subsequent changes to clients
- Coordinating with colleagues and suppliers to ensure the B2B service provided meets the client’s needs, expectations and budget
- Managing project development from initial design concept to final delivery
- Negotiating and managing budgets with internal and external suppliers
- Carry out research projects on industries, clients and our industry to identify and anticipate trends to give us first mover advantage
- Reviewing with clients the result of the project and discussing the possible changes that should be made in terms of the design and experiential marketing initiatives (or upsell our services).
- Attend debrief meetings with clients and note what improvements, likes and dislikes of the client for future projects
Skills / Qualifications:
- A degree or graduate
- Keen interest in digital engagement solutions
- Team player
- Adaptability–to situations and ever changing demands
- A calm and flexible approach to handling pressure and stress
- Good or competent writer
- Can do attitude and passion to improve and innovate
- Additional language is a plus
- Good knowledge in Power Point, Word and Excel applications
It should be noted and understood that the attached Job Description has been drafted to focus on the “key” responsibility areas for this position. In the agency world, nothing is set in stone and a job description cannot be a detailed record of every task and duty. Pico recognises that all members of staff, at any time, may be asked by a Senior Executive to perform tasks which are not included in the Job Description. Whilst these tasks do not necessarily fit in the definition of “key” responsibilities, they are nevertheless important for the ongoing management of the business.