Job Role: Project Manager
Salary: £24,000 (starting salary)
Job Type: Full time, permanent
To Apply: Please send CV and supporting evidence (matching you to the criteria) to Victoria Smith, Senior Project Manager - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31 January 2019
The Company: XSEM Ltd, 3 Park Court, Park Cross Street, Leeds, LS1 2QH
Reports to: Senior Project Manager Team Lead
Holidays: 22 days per annum plus Bank Holidays
Start Date: To be agreed
XSEM is a highly successful, reputable, forward thinking events agency working with and benefiting clients across vibrant and diverse global market sectors. We specialise in:
Incentives, Conferences & Exhibitions, Corporate Hospitality, Marketing, Design
- A dynamic and growing company operating in a fun and productive environment
- Brilliant, informal, hardworking and creative people
- Dedicated to our clients
- Passionate about what we do
- Constantly evolving
- Service Excellence
We are looking for an enthusiastic Project Manager to join the team and take responsibility for a number of our Key Accounts. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within an agency environment
- Oozing with initiative
- Bursting with enthusiasm to learn
- Great with people and developing relationships
- Cool under pressure
- Always striving for more
- To create, manage and deliver prestige events in the UK and Internationally.
- You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of existing event management to ensure that an event is executed and delivered as creatively as possible.
- You must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- You should have a love for event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ensure all business critical deadlines are met for each event
- Manage all venues and associated logistical arrangements
- Manage the invitation and attendee management process
- Manage and co-ordinate Client requirements with all 3rd party suppliers/internal service
- Manage production and design of all on-site meeting materials
- Travel on-site to conduct site inspections and undertake planning meetings with all suppliers, when required
- Deliver first class customer service in line with clients’ objectives
- Meetings and liaison with clients where applicable to establish, maintain and develop relationships
- Identify new opportunities and leads for existing and new business development
- Prepare and present event proposals to clients if required
- Plan, attend and execute client planning meetings
- Ensure Client is up-to-date with all aspects of meeting planning arrangements throughout the course of the event
- Attend Client debrief post event if required.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of budgets, throughout the lifecycle of each event
- Approve all client invoices prior to despatch
- Ensure financial tracking of each event and conduct regular ‘health checks’ to ensure positive cash flow
- Submit accurate final reconciliation of events within agreed timelines
- Attendance and contribution at team meetings
- Effective interaction with other departments - e.g. Design, Golf
- Accurate written & verbal communications
- Comply with all company and Client policies and procedures, including those relating to Health & Safety
- Develop and apply a good knowledge of the company’s range of services
- Develop and apply a good understanding of clients’ businesses and products
This is not an exhaustive list and you will be required to complete further tasks and duties as events change. You will also be required to attend a variety of national events and meet clients face-to-face.
Skills and Specifications:
- The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- Possess excellent negotiation and communication skills including writing, proof reading skills and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by telephone with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Be a team player and independent.Excellent strategic planning skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work and meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional motivational skills to do the job.
- Ability to make sound decisions fast and work in a high paced, high pressure environment.
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience, running events, ideally agency based is essential.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
You can also download the full job spec here: Project Manager Job Description
We look forward to receiving your applications!