Job title: Opportunity in Event Operations (Agency)
Company name: First Choice Conference & Events
Location: Cheltenham town centre (office based)
Job type: Fixed term contract (duration tbc) but hours are full-time
Salary info: Dependent on experience
To apply: Please send an email quoting current salary and an updated CV, to Daniel Sweet, Operations Director at email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 20 May 2019
This is a brilliant opportunity to join First Choice - a friendly and experienced team in a highly successful, award-winning agency approaching its 25th year in business and become a key player in our operations team. The successful candidate will have a passion for events, whilst believing in the company ethos and sharing its values. This is the perfect role to develop your knowledge within the venue & events industry whilst working with multiple clients and supporting the day to day functions of the team in a rewarding role.
About the role:
- In event operations the magic happens, a team of epic venue experts are ready to react to any brief that comes their way. It’s fast-paced and varied whilst hugely rewarding.
- The team all work with multiple clients on a large number of events, sourcing venues, negotiating rates and working closely with both the client and venue from brief right through to post event debrief.
- The team also handle fully managed event projects pulling in a variety of resources such as production, entertainment, activities and full on-site coordination to name but a few.
- The opportunity that has arisen is flexible and will be dependent on the experience of our perfect candidate when we meet them, so we want to hear from a broad range of candidates with a variety of experience and expertise.
- You are passionate about the events and hospitality industry and have a keen enthusiasm for the vast array of venues within it.
- You will most likely have a degree or equivalent qualification relative to the industry.
- You may be a recent or soon to be graduate, with at least one year’s placement work experience or you may have been working in the industry for a number of years already.
- You may already have supervisory experience or have even led a small team, although this is not essential.
- The successful candidate will effectively and efficiently deal with large amounts of diverse event requests from our huge spectrum of clients spanning all industries.
- You will be used to working independently whilst also being extremely self-motivated. Discovering and experiencing new and exciting venues will become your mission!
- You will thrive on the nature of always working in our client’s best interests, creating the ideal solutions for them and truly nurturing our client relationships.
- You will be a customer service expert, with strong interpersonal skills and a passion to contribute and really make a difference to the team.
Please look at our website and social media to find out what we are all about. We are a small company with a very happy team of staff who love working here and we’re very excited to find the right person to welcome as our new recruit.