Job title: Operations Director
Company name: MKTG
Location: London (agile working)
Job type: Freelance/ FTC
Salary info: Competitive
To apply: Send covering letter, CV and salary expectations/day rate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28 February, 2019
MKTG is looking for a significantly experienced Operations Director to join a dynamic team, working with a key client and sponsor of the UEFA Europa League, with a focus on the final in Baku, Azerbaijan in May 2019. The candidate must have extensive experience across ticket management, large scale event delivery (preferably in football), transport logistics, hospitality management and guest coordination.
The Operations Director will be responsible for all tangible assets relating to our client’s sponsorship – including but not limited to management of tickets, hospitality and parking passes and accreditation for the Final but also helping to support the team in the knock out stages of the tournament.
The Operations Director will ensure the strategic, operational and commercial effectiveness of the programme across all assets enabling us to deliver a ‘best in class’ UEFA Europa League Final.
In the lead up to the Final, the Final Programme Director will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of the final programme and support the team in the invitation and ticketing process and integrating this data with hotel accommodation and transportation requirements.
This role also requires regular client facing meetings and discussion. You will be someone that can give senior counsel to clients, keep clients regularly informed with precision and clarity and make clients feel comfortable that the programme is running efficiently and smoothly.
Reporting to: Business Director
- The management and delivery of the Finals ticketing programmes from allocation through to delivery, reporting & financials
- Drive strategic and tactical best practice in asset management to ensure that our processes, systems and people deliver excellence for our client
- Management of all event time accreditation requirements
- Manage junior members of the team including facilitating regular check-ins, team meetings and mechanisms for tracking progress
- Collaborate with the Senior Management Team in proposal development
- To be the lead point of contact with stakeholders regarding Finals Programme assets and related enquiries
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder management both internally and with third party suppliers
Skills & Experience Required:
- Relevant experience within sports & entertainment marketing working on large scale events with large global sponsors
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior clients obtaining their absolute trust and confidence
- Proven experience of managing large logistically complex ticketing/hospitality and transport programmes within a fast paced, major events environment
- Experience in briefing and managing bespoke online data base systems
- Ticketing systems experience - working with both in-house and 3rd party online ticketing systems
- Experience of managing a secure ticketing facility, ideally in an international environment
- Excellent project management skills and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Willing and able to travel when required including internationally based for extended periods of time during the event
MKTG, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network, is a global creative agency comprised of pioneers and practitioners of lifestyle marketing. We specialize in delivering strategic, business-oriented marketing solutions for leading brands via sport and entertainment, live experiences, retail marketing, enterprise/b-to-b engagement and sponsorship marketing. We are committed to constantly evolving, refining and inventing innovative brand engagements through deeper understanding of how people think, work and live their lives. Headquartered in NYC, we have 1,600 employees and 7,000 Brand Ambassadors operating in 32 offices globally, with reach in 19 markets across the Americas, EMEA and APAC.
Want to learn more about our team? Visit here: www.mktg.com