Job title: Maternity Cover - Events Assistant
Company name: Resolutions
Location: North London
Job type: Full time for 9-12 months (maternity cover)
Salary info: Dependent on experience
To apply: Send covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 September 2019
Maternity cover - Event Assistant level joining a small events team based in North London working for two client associations (one UK based and one European based). The person will work on a range of B2B events. The role is for nine to twelve months with an immediate start.
This role will see you working as a member of a small team of six people. Assisting the Events Manager on the planning & delivery of an annual trade exhibition that will take place in Prague in June 2020. You will be the main point of contact for the exhibitors already booked and those wishing to book. You will also help on a range of other yearly events including seminars, conferences and gala dinners.
This is an event admin role that is mostly office based but a role that also involves working on-site at events so a willingness to travel is a must. This position will involve stand bookings & exhibitor communications, event administration, event logistics & research, maintaining online exhibitor manual/website, assisting with event marketing material, supplier liaison, admin support, CRM management, on-site event delivery and other ad hoc duties that may arise.
- You will be enthusiastic and proactive events junior with a good understanding of exhibitions, seminars, conferences and at least one year of experience (or you will have ideally done a full placement year whilst studying for your degree).
- You’ll already have some office-based experience supporting a team on B2B events including experience in delegate registration, creating and maintaining event websites, the preparation of event marketing material & collation of event packs, basic event logistics, supplier sourcing, negotiation and liaison, event related research, on-site event delivery and general office administration.
- Need to have strong IT skills and good basic knowledge of CRM databases, registration systems.
- Previously having worked on Umbraco/CMS would be a plus but not essential.
- A good working knowledge of CAD systems is preferable as you will be booking stands, modifying the Auto CAD floorplan for the annual trade exhibition.
- From a personality and work ethic point of view you’ll be a self-motivated, well-presented and customer service focused individual with a can-do attitude who is eager to learn and develop your skills further in the B2B events sector.
- Good communication skills, excellent telephone manner and superb attention to detail are essential as is the willingness to travel throughout Europe and potentially further afield to be on-site at events (representing the associations we work for).
- A second language would be advantageous.
If you’re passionate about events and have a good understanding of B2B events with event office admin experience as well as on-site experience then this could be a brilliant position for you!