Job Title: International Event Operations Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Info: £30k to £35k pa
To apply: Please send a covering letter explaining why you would be a great asset to the team to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5th August 2018
International Event Operations Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic team player with commercial acumen who will deliver professional, high quality international events that provide learning experiences that exceed our customers’ expectations.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be solely responsible for all the logistics and operations for a growing number of our conferences and exhibitions held in Europe and the Americas. Collaborating with the internal team and external suppliers you will ensure that all elements exceed customer expectations, meet budget and quality standards, and manage the on-site delivery and post event wrap up.
- Project planning and resourcing for specified events
- Event budget forecasting, management and final accounting
- Supplier sourcing, negotiation and management
- Venue search, negotiation to contract and on going management
- Managing sponsors and exhibitors and package deliverables
- Creating and designing event collateral, signage and exhibition floor plans
- Managing dinners, cocktail receptions and bespoke networking events
- Organising staff travel and accommodation
- Managing on-site event teams, registration, exhibition and audio-visual requirements
- Providing excellent pre-event customer service to delegates, sponsors and speakers
Qualification & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a degree in event management or a related field and at least 5 years experience in international business to business event management, including exhibitions. This will have been gained ideally within a b2b conference company or within a global corporate or agency environment. Particularly desirable would be experience in sourcing and managing third party suppliers and on-site teams, as would knowledge and use of event technology to deliver an enhanced delegate experience.
- Excellent project, budget and time management
- High level communication and negotiation abilities
- Proactive customer service approach
- Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If you have a professional, high quality approach, a passion for events and the ability to use your initiative and work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and efficiency, a collaborative approach to team work and a strong work ethic, combined with a flexible attitude and desire to succeed, we would like to hear from you.
LBCG (London Business Conferences Group) and its partner companies, London Business Conferences, American Business Conferences and Canadian Business Conferences, is a leading provider of business conferences throughout Europe and North America. Our business as content providers is to deliver high-value, relevant information for the end-user in various industries such as water, oil and gas, rail and automotive. We are passionate about exceeding our customers’ expectations, providing quality learning experiences, and being genuinely ahead of the curve when it comes to conference topics. We encourage our people to behave and think in a way that is creative, passionate, collaborative and aims for excellence.