Job title: Head of Sales & Business Development
Company: RA Venues, Compass Group
Location: HMS Belfast / Churchill War Rooms - London
Job type: Full time
Salary info: Negotiable
To apply: Send CV to: email@example.com
Closing date: 15 August 2019
NATURE & SCOPE OF JOB
A hands on and proactive senior sales and marketing position responsible for the performance of the conference and events (C&E) sales team and the growth of C&E business at HMS Belfast and Churchill War Rooms.
An important part of the role will be to develop beneficial and productive relationships with new C&E clients, especially those from Venue Agencies, Top and Growth Customers. As such the person fulfilling this role will have strong client relationships within the UK C&E market.
The Head of Sales will play a key role in the development and production of HMSB & CWR sales and marketing materials and manage awareness and participation in industry trade shows and exhibitions.
Direct Staff Reports: To be reviewed in line with business demands.
Currently 1 Sales Office Manager
3 Sales Co-ordinator - HMSB
3 Sales Co-ordinator - CWR
- Responsible for the delivery of HMSB & CWR day C&E sales budget
- Performance manage, motivate and inspire the C&E sales team to achieve KPI targets
- Expand business from existing customers with the support of robust Account Plans
- Work with RSM and Key Account Directors and deliver an effective strategy to meet agreed targets
- Lead and encourage a performance oriented sales culture throughout the C&E sales team
- Understand, research and implement plans to deliver new business from new market segments
- Manage company participation and represent HMSB & CWR at relevant exhibitions and trade shows
- Ensure HMSB & CWR brand standards are maintained by clients, internal customers and suppliers alike
- Implement sales and marketing processes to enhance quality, consistency and efficiency
- Provide accurate sales reports, robust forecasts and lead the C&E Budget process
- Proactive and positive management of HMSB&CWR relationship with Lime Venue Portfolio
The job holder is accountable for:
- Achievement of C&E sales and profitability budgets
- Authorship, ownership and adherence to Sales and Marketing plan
- Management and delivery of account plans
- Setting and achievement of the C&E Sales Team’s KPIs
- Accurate activity reports including Delphi
- Accuracy and alignment of presentation and marketing material
- Development and promotion of HMSB and CWR
- Management of the HMSB and CWR databases to promote and market venues products and the services.
- Candidate should be educated to at least 'A' level standard and will preferably be a graduate.
- A post graduate qualification in business or marketing would be highly valued.
- Will have extensive sales and marketing experience within the UK conference and event industry with a proven track record of meeting sales targets
- Will be experienced in performance managing teams to achieve KPIs, producing sales plans and targets, and developing business strategy to achieve growth expectations
- Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity.
- Must live within commuting distance of London.
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Must be fully aware and cognizant of the C&E Sales Process/ Revenue Management
- Must have the ability to proactively managed and motivate a sales team
- Must have experience of assembling sales proposals and have great attention to detail
- Must be fully knowledgeable and accomplished in venue showrounds.
- Must show initiative and be a confident decision maker.
- Must be able to establish positive working relationships and command the respect of others.
- Will have a generally outgoing personality and enjoy social interaction.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with potential clients, with employees from all parts of the company and able to present a highly professional image when representing the Company.
- Must be self motivated and have the ability to maintain focus in the achievement of sales targets
- Must demonstrate a thorough approach to work
- Must be able to organise him/herself and others effectively.
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office and have a good understanding of database management.
- Will have excellent communication skills, verbally both on the phone and in person, and written.
- Will be an effective team worker as a key member of the senior management team.
JOB TITLE: HEAD OF SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
DEPARTMENT: (C&E) SALES
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER/HoS & RSM
JOB GRADE: HOD
VENUE: HMSB & CWR