Job title: Guest Engagement Director
Company name: MKTG
Location: London (agile working)
Job type: Full time or Freelance
Salary info: Competitive
To apply: Send covering letter, CV and salary expectations/day rate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28 February, 2019
MKTG is looking for a Guest Engagement Director with strong experience in ticketing and hospitality management and guest comms to lead our Guest Engagement division.
The Guest Engagement Director role reports into the Managing Partner – Sports & Entertainment and works within a designated revenue stream that contribute to the success of the wider business.
The successful candidate will lead a guest engagement team with overall responsibility for the delivery of ticketing and hospitality services and systems across two of the largest sponsorships in the industry.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the day to day workings of a progressive and forward-thinking agency environment and will be able to demonstrate a clear appreciation of how hospitality and ticketing programme delivery can help leverage a sponsorship and engage with key stakeholders.
This role would suit a current GE Manager/Senior Manager looking to take the next step in their career to lead and build a team.
The successful candidate will be expected to support the client-facing team in a number of roles, including:
- Leadership of the team to deliver guest engagement systems
- Consultancy to clients/client teams on accounts
- Creation of new business plan to build and grow the GE offering within MKTG
- Senior point of contact for data management system and website design suppliers
- Budget creation for data management systems / internal portal systems & other guest communications related work including printed collateral
- Design and develop plan for internal portal sites and guest management systems – including guest handling procedures
- Guest communications strategy development and delivery
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the package allocations, subsidiary contacts and the processing of all data required
- Oversee build phases of data management systems and implement processes for invitations and communications campaigns
- Managing and overseeing website design and production
- System reporting as and when required for all projects
- Management of the system and supplier relationships as a senior point of contact
- Client management in relation to the system and their guest management
- Additional operational support where required within the project team – including providing daily reports required to support with operational planning i.e. guest arrival/departure manifests, hotel room requirements, Food & Beverage, ticketing etc.
QUALITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Self-starter, focussed, self-motivated and ambitious
- Over 8 years’ experience in the guest engagement/T&H sector
- Excellent knowledge of the sponsorship industry
- Experience in football sponsorship activation
- Problem solving abilities
- Good organisational skills
- Culturally aware
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop compelling presentations and communications plans
- Ability to effectively speak/present in public
- Comfortable with finance, spread sheets and numbers
MKTG, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network, is a global creative agency comprised of pioneers and practitioners of lifestyle marketing. We specialize in delivering strategic, business-oriented marketing solutions for leading brands via sport and entertainment, live experiences, retail marketing, enterprise/b-to-b engagement and sponsorship marketing. We are committed to constantly evolving, refining and inventing innovative brand engagements through deeper understanding of how people think, work and live their lives. Headquartered in NYC, we have 1,600 employees and 7,000 Brand Ambassadors operating in 32 offices globally, with reach in 19 markets across the Americas, EMEA and APAC.
Want to learn more about our team? Visit here www.mktg.com