Job title: Global Events Operations Manager
Company name: IFS
Location: Staines, London
Job type: Full time (1 year contract) - Immediate start required
Salary info: £40,000-£45,000
To apply: Send covering letter & CV to email@example.com
Closing date: September 13 2019
The Global Events Operations Manager is a team member of the Global Events Team within Global Marketing. The Global Events team is responsible for a portfolio of internal and external, high-profile event programs attended by IFS customers, prospective customers, sponsoring partners, journalists & analysts, and employees. The purpose of these events is to increase brand awareness, develop and advance the company’s sales pipeline, and educate and empower attendees.
In collaboration of your colleagues within the Events Team and with the support of our event production partners, the Global Events Operations Manager will wrangle the internal and external stakeholders to flawlessly project manage the execution of our flagship, and growing, IFS World Conference as well as the IFS Global Sales Kick Off.
The IFS World Conference is the live representation of IFS and our product portfolio, attracting approx 2000 attendees including our current customers, partners and invited prospects, analysts and media. The 3-day, annual event includes main hall with daily largescale keynotes, break-out sessions, a 80k sq. foot exhibition complete with dedicated Industry zones, theatres and 50+ sponsor stands. There are also, ancillary meetings and events, pre and post-conference training, and multiple hotels. And we have to mention our customer appreciation party that in a word, rocks. All of our networking events and activations bring true connections and celebrations to the thousands of participants. The location of the event varies between cities in Europe and the US and this brings a fresh perspective to each event.
The IFS Global Sales Kick Off is a highly motivational event attended by all of IFS Sales and other key teams from the business, as well as our Partner community. The 3-day, annual event includes main hall, break-out sessions, an exhibition, various ancillary meetings and the highlight of the week is undoubtedly the Global Sales Awards night which is a fabulous and very memorable celebration of the successes our top sales people achieved.
As Global Events Operations Manager, you will consider the attendee experience at every turn, watching at each touchpoint for ways to nurture and dazzle our IFS community; customers, executive customers, prospective customers, alliance partners, journalists & analysts throughout IFS World Conference.
The role is positioned in the UK and at the High Wycombe office until Sept 16 thereafter in Staines.
Role and primary responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Manager Global Events, the role of the Global Events Operations Manager will independently manage and own various areas/sub-projects for the IFS Global Sales Kick-off as well as the IFS World Conference. This role will leverage his/her expertise to manage the full life cycle of events and deliver flawless, customer centric execution through close collaboration with relevant stakeholders. You ensure events are successful and cost-effective and pay attention to budget and time constraints. You understand marketing and promotion techniques. You are professional and always support and help the team and colleagues. You are an enthusiastic candidate with fresh ideas and have the organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance. The Global Events team is a fast-paced environment, so the ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running as soon as we bring on a new project.
- Manage overall project timelines and complex event plans
- Manage event planning vendors & logistic agencies to ensure deliverables are met
- Take ownership for key sub-projects and manage sub-project managers from the business who will work on those sub-projects
- Plan and manage regular stakeholder meetings
- Manage and be held accountable for contracts and budgets
- Create event overview, briefs and reports for pre-planning communications and post-event evaluation
- Collaborate with internal core team members
- Manage and implement complex logistical elements of events including venue sourcing, meeting space allocation, attendee management, sponsorship management, technology platforms, F&B, and AV
- Utilize project management processes and technology at a high level
- Proactively bring new ideas and improved processes to the team for consideration. Push yourself, and the team to think differently
- Drive process and efficiency in event planning and operations and then build on them for future event planning, execution and measurement
- Continually identify, propose, and implement cost-saving options
- Keep up on industry trends and engage appropriate counterparts outside of IFS to gain best-practice knowledge
As a Global Events Operations Manager, you are passionate about events. You bring a proven track record of flawless B2B complex user summit execution, marketing communication, and project management with a strong eye for detail and branding around speaker, sponsor and attendee experiences.
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
- 5+ years’ event planning experience, preferably in a B2B corporate environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required or has substantial relevant events experience
- Creative problem solver, team player and resourceful
- Strong adaptability to situations and ever-changing demands
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to meet strict deadlines
- Ambitious, proactive and highly organized
- A calm and flexible approach to handling pressure and stress
- Detail oriented, “Big Picture” thinker
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team oriented, helpful, professional, confident and enthusiastic
- Proven use of technology tools for effective project management
- Experience with event technology systems such as Cvent or similar systems