Job title: Events Sales Manager (Maternity Cover – 1 year)
Company name: Saracens Limited
Location: Allianz Park, London
Job type: Full time
Salary info: £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
To apply: Candidates should send a CV and covering letter for the attention of Sangita Asani to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 26 July 2019
REPORTS TO: Head of Conference & Events
To sell by converting corporate and private event enquiries into confirmed business. In order to confirm an event, the client must sign a contract (featuring venue hire as a minimum) and pay a deposit. The event is then passed to the Event Coordinator, therefore allowing this position to focus on the momentum of selling quickly and efficiently.
- Monitor, manage and exceed your personal and departmental monthly sales quotas, through adhering to established sales guidelines, programs and procedures.
- Concentrate the majority of effort and time towards establishing close relationships with large corporate clients containing 50 or more employees, and any venue-finding agencies, ensuring they are always up to date on promotions, packages and news.
- Ensure efficient and accurate creation of all client documents such as Quotes, Contracts and Invoices, as per procedures set by the Head of Conference & Events.
- Ensure a smooth transition when handing over your confirmed event clients, to the Event Coordinator, and only once a contract is signed and deposit paid.
- Contract events according to established procedures set by the Head of Conference & Events, while ensuring catering minimums are met and key dates/spaces are optimized to maximum profit and potential.
- Reestablish contact with their clients post event for feedback, future sales and client retention reasons, thus completing the sales loop for each event’s client/booker.
- Professionally represent your venue in all sales transactions and networking* opportunities, such as related industry meetings, functions and shows.
- As required, assist with collection of past due debts from event
- Create and submit required personal sales reports when due.
- Respond empathetically and professionally to any customer complaints, seeking advice from the Head of Conference & Events for any uncertainties, either before, during or post event.
- Become proficient in the use of IvVy software, follow it’s procedures as set by the Head of Conference & Events, while always quality controlling any inputted data.
- Prepare for and attend the weekly sales meeting and BEO meeting, having completed any of your action points from the previous meeting.
- Adhere to the standard daily office hours, leave policy, lunch procedure, and departmental dress code, as set by the Head of Conference & Events.
- Handle special projects as assigned by the Head of Conference & Events.
- Support the Head of C&E in training, developing and managing a Junior Event Sales Manager and/or Event Sales Assistant.
- Any industry-related networking event, trade show or non-client meeting or function, must be requested in writing, with a proposed list of costs, to the Head of C&E for approval. Otherwise the engagement will be considered your personal activity, where any expense or wage will not be reimbursable.
The Head of Conference & Events will be your trainer and mentor. He/she will hold regular performance reviews with the aim of setting objectives, identifying any areas for improvement and commend you on any achievements.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint software are essential. Event management software (e.g IvVy) is preferable.
EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate must have finished a course of higher education and have at least two years experience in a similar role, preferably at a venue. In particular; professional experience of meeting sales goals, negotiating, motivating, relationship building, managing processes, marketing, developing budgets, and analysis.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: They must be willing to work as a team, communicating clearly with their own department, internal departments and vendors at all times. The post holder must have a confident yet assuring manner, while exhibiting an outgoing, but professional demeanour, at all times. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in order to make any duty a success.