Job title: Events Manager
Company: CoStar UK
Location: The Shard, London
Job type: Full time
Salary info: £35k- £40k depending on experience
To apply: Please apply via the following link: https://costar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CoStarCareersEurope/job/UK-London/UK-Events-Manager_R20180
Reporting Line: Head of UK Marketing
Closing date: 30 September 2019
Job code: R20180
Commercial property is one of the last huge areas of the economy to be untouchable by modern technology, however this is changing which makes this sector exciting and full of opportunity. Investors put over $15bn into ‘proptech’ companies last year, driving a wave of innovation such that many journalists are calling proptech ‘the new fintech’. Some of the new businesses, like WeWork and Purplebricks are becoming very well known.
CoStar is the leading provider of commercial real estate information and software globally, providing news, information on deals, and a huge supply of market data. You can think of us a bit like a Bloomberg for commercial real estate. We are still Founder-run after over 30 years of business.
In Europe, CoStar Group is on a successful growth trajectory. We have achieved a leading position in the UK since the launch of our new data and software product, CoStar Suite, in January 2013. We are a team of engaged and enthusiastic people who put client service and product excellence first, combined with total integrity.
We can offer a role in a dynamic, high achieving, high growth international company to the right candidates.
CoStar’s current UK marketing team is small, but we have tremendous growth ambitions for the UK business, backed by the huge firepower of our American parent. As UK Events Manager, you will be responsible for managing the full annual programme of events.
CoStar is currently involved in over forty different types of events, ranging from sponsorships of third party events to in-house events and major industry conventions.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic events manager who will run this intense events programme and maximise their performance, as well as identify and open up new opportunities within emerging segments. This role will interface with both the marketing team, for the creation of assets and promotion of events, and the sales teams to drive engagement and ensure follow up. Lead generation (as well as brand positioning) is at the core of our events strategy, so the successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving events engagement.
Full end to end responsibility for the complete events programme
- Running both the third party events programme alongside the internal events programme
- Responsibility for lead generation and revenue growth, working with sales managers
- Maintain and grow external relationships with the industry event stakeholders
- Performance analysis: reporting on key metrics post-event to evaluate ROI
- Marketing: collaborating with the marketing team to research ideas and develop effective strategies
- Project management: setting and tracking the events critical path
- Onsite supervision: monitoring staff and overseeing the registration process
- Customer service: acting as the first point of contact for all stakeholder concerns – both internal and external
- Venue analysis: choose venues that help to drive the message of the event
- Stakeholder mediation: coordinating meetings to gather stakeholder input and brief relevant parties on key metrics both pre and post event
- Invitee and attendee list management: researching prospective invitees alongside the sales team and monitoring past and current attendees
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Senior level experience with a high end corporate or private events background
- Educated to degree level
- Experience working in B2B services, either Financial Services/Property/Legal
- Budget forecasting, management, reconciliation and reporting
- Experience managing a budget larger than £250,000 is desirable
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A track record of working with Sales and Marketing departments to drive tangible goals, particularly lead generation and conversion
- Ability to run several concurrent projects with a keen attention to detail and an ability to manage all key stakeholders calmly
- Good working knowledge of event management software and/or generalist CRMs (eg Salesforce) – we currently use Eventsforce
- Work to deadlines and prioritise workload balancing the needs of the business as they flex