Job title: Event Project Manager
Company name: Stream Comms Ltd
Job type: Full Time
Salary info: £28,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
To apply: Send CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 8th Dec 2019
EVENTS PROJECT MANAGER
Stream is an award-winning agency specialising in loyalty and incentive solutions for a broad range of clients, mainly in B2B sectors. Our mantra is “Helping you keep, grow and win more customers for life”. Our incentive events team has recently won significant new business and so we are currently looking for a highly motivated Events Project Manager with agency experience to join our growing team. We create, plan and deliver incentive events across the world and firmly believe that it is possible to be highly professional and enjoy our work at the same time.
Stream consists of a small dynamic team of 14 staff, run by founders Mark Maclure and Melanie Parker, and is based in a beautiful rural business park near Thame (10 mins from Haddenham & Thame station, 20 mins from Bicester and 25 mins from Oxford). We are focused with a strong work ethic but we know how to work hard / play hard and regularly hold team events (from weekly Friday beers to activity days).
Title: Event Project Manager
Reports To: Head of Events
Overall Job Purpose:
- To plan and deliver (to the very highest expectation), all relevant event projects both in the UK and overseas.
- To develop and manage on-going relationships with existing clients and suppliers, demonstrating sound commercial acumen and creative flair.
- To achieve and aim to exceed financial targets for events
- To contribute to the smooth running, development and growth of the company.
Key Duties and Focus:
- Support the Head of Events in setting the overall business plan with regards to event management, maximising available resources and ensuring optimal revenue generation.
- Develop and manage relationships with key clients and suppliers (both existing and new) thus helping to maximise revenue opportunities. Spot opportunities and facilitate the introduction of new projects into existing clients where appropriate.
- Take responsibility for producing proposals and any relevant tender process.
- Oversee the planning, delivery and post-event reconciliation of allocated projects, ensuring that they are kept within budget, on time and ‘on message’.
- Manage and implement multiple key projects, ensuring that the highest standards of planning and delivery are fully maintained.
- Manage workload of junior team members working on events projects and direct, where necessary, mindful of the Company’s reporting structure.
- At all times adhere to company and operational working practices and procedures.
- Generally, to act as an ambassador of the company.
Experience and Skills:
A minimum of 3+ years’ proven experience in related event management roles, with at least 2 years’ experience in an agency role.
- Demonstrable experience in organising incentive travel.
- Proven experience in guest/delegate management
- Proven experience in managing projects with large budgets.
- Clear and demonstrable evidence of possessing business and commercial acumen.
- Demonstrable assertive and robust negotiating skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft software packages is essential.
- Foreign languages an advantage.
- Honest and integral team player with a demonstrable sense of humour.
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- A mindset that is focused on the highest attention to detail and standards of delivery.
- Confident, highly organised, methodical and efficient