Job title: Event Manager (maternity cover)
Company name: Outsourced Events Ltd
Location: Chiswick, West London
Job type: Full time (maternity cover contract for approx. 6 months)
Salary info: £30K-£32K pro rata and dependent on experience
To apply: Send covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and be clearly marked as Application for Event Manager Position.
Closing date: 15 January 2020
Outsourced Events specialises in providing marketing and event services to the technology, industry association and professional services sectors. Set up in 2001 by two of the directors, it now services more than 40 clients and runs upwards of 200 events per year. Most projects are customer and prospect focussed conferences, exhibitions and seminar programmes targeting decision makers within the IT teams of large organisations, the vast majority of which are held across EMEA and increasingly, worldwide. The company is also looking to grow and build the industry associations’ sector from which it has a number of large clients.
The event management team handles all aspects of the project management for client events particularly focussing on delegate and sponsor experience. This includes venue sourcing, logistics liaison and management right the way through to onsite delivery. As an organisation great pride is taken in delivering the highest quality of service to all clients and these relationships are absolutely key to the ongoing growth of Outsourced Events. You will join a small, friendly team of 20 based in West London, all of whom have a wealth of experience and knowledge in event management. By joining a small company, you will be given the opportunity to work across a number of projects and tasks which will provide you with the exposure to new experiences and the opportunity to learn fast on the job.
Key roles and responsibilities – working with the Event Director and/or Client Lead:
- Planning, managing and delivering events to the highest standard from start to finish and meeting client objectives of quality and cost effectiveness.
- Managing event in accordance with the agreement and resourcing levels agreed in the SoW.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining time lines and priorities on all events.
- Working with the OE Finance Team, budget management and associated reporting, ensuring accurate financial record keeping.
- Full direction of event logistics.
- Managing external stakeholders, including venue and all suppliers.
- Working with the OE team and / or client to develop all event collateral with brand guidelines.
- Sponsorship management, if required.
- Abstract and speaker management, if required.
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Ensuring weekly report submitted in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring all health and safety requirements are monitored and maintained.
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to the event team and junior staff both on and off site.
- Being proactive in reporting to the event director and / or client lead as appropriate.
- Evaluating and reporting on the success of each event and considering areas of improvement.
- Post event reporting and delivery of required data being mindful of GDPR requirements.
- Day-to-day based in West London office but must be able to travel overseas
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive - as each project is different.
- You will report directly to the project lead for each event as well as your line manager for day-to-day issues.
- You will manage junior staff on each event.
Key qualities required:
- Highly self-motivated, energetic, reliable and driven with a professional manner at all times.
- At least three years’ experience of planning, managing and running all aspects of events at a senior level.Highly developed customer focussed communication and negotiation skills plus excellent relationship management.
- Experience of developing and managing budgets.
- The ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Strong communication skills particularly face-to-face.
- Excellent attention to detail and project oriented.
- Time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Very organised and structured; logical and analytical mind.
- Ability to digest information and present it within PowerPoint in a clear and logical fashion whilst ensuring consistency of format and branding.
- Ability to take responsibility for ensuring deadlines are met.
- Ability to work without heavy supervision.
- Good understanding of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hard working and dedicated team player.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Fluency in another language would also be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to travel overseas for site visits and onsite attendance at events.