Job title: Event Manager
Company name: My Event Worldwide Ltd
Location: Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Job type: Full time
Salary info: On application
To apply: Send covering letter & CV Suzanne@myevent.agency
Closing date: 22nd November 2019
We are a fun and dynamic agency looking for an experienced Event Manager to oversee, organise and deliver events including conferences, meetings and product launches across some key accounts. To fit in our team you should be enthusiastic with outstanding organisational skills and a proven track record in running large events to ensure that that nothing is ever left to chance!
This amazing new opportunity is for our full service events and venue finding agency based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire. Working across multiple sectors including retail, IT communications and business telecommunications we deliver creative events and bespoke solutions both across the UK and internationally.
We are currently a team of 3 and share our office with our sister production company, so you will be working as part of a close-knit team giving you a great opportunity to be involved in every aspect of the business.
The range of duties will include:
- Account Management
- Brief taking
- Venue finding
- Proposal writing
- Venue and supplier management
- Delegate management including registration sites
- Budget management
- On-site event management, managing freelancers where necessary
- Post event reconciliation
- Attend industry shows to keep venue knowledge up to date
The ideal candidate will be from an event agency background, experienced in delivering a range of corporate events from start to finish and have a proven ability in managing and reconciling budgets. Strong communication skills and a dedication to a career in events are also essential.
Required qualifications & Skills:
- Experienced Event Manager running corporate events of 500+ delegates
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and Powerpoint Essential
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Great interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to fit into a small team
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Negotiation skills when looking for the best price from venues, suppliers and contractors
- Time-management skills with ability to work under pressure to ensure efficient running of an event
- The ability to manage complex budgets
- A flexible, proactive approach with the ability to self manage
If you think this role is for you, please apply in writing with your CV to email@example.com, we are hoping to hold interviews during the week commencing the 25th November with a start date in January 2020.