Job Role: Event Executive
Company: Birmingham Marriott Hotel
Salary: Dependent on experience
Job Type: Full time, permanent
To Apply: Click on this link and apply online HERE
Job Number: 18003C2N
Closing Date: 31 January 2019
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
- Update information board on a regular basis to inform employees of important events.
- Provide assistance and guidance to employees who are struggling with job duties (e.g., low package sales numbers).
- Assign lead calls or emails to Sales Executives based on line rotation.
- Create spreadsheets to organize information related to Sales and Marketing activities (e.g., mailing lists, tours).
- Enter, retrieve, reconcile, and verify information in software involved in the sales process.
- Contact appropriate individual or department as necessary to resolve guest calls, requests, or problems.
- Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally.
- Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott, including up-selling.
- Encourage guests or callers to purchase or schedule preview package sales/tours and answer questions about property facilities/services.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; protect company assets.
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational quality.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Number 18003C2N
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Birmingham Marriott Hotel, Birmingham, West Midlands
VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly