Job Title: Event Assistant
Company: Dynamic Conferences & Events
Location: Rye, East Sussex
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary Info: Circa £21,000
To apply: Send CV and and a covering statement of how you would fit the role including any event experience you've had - send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 25 January 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Event Assistant to join Dynamic Conferences & Events - a growing and successful international conference management agency based in Rye, East Sussex.
You will be part of a small, passionate and creative team responsible for assisting with the organisation of conferences and business events in the UK and around the world for a range of clients.
This is an organisational and creative role and would suit someone who is highly organised, resourceful and enthusiastic and who is interested in building a career in event management.
We are looking for someone demonstrating ambition, passion and creativity and who is accurate and detailed with a high level of literacy and numeracy.
What we require from you:
- You will report directly to the Operations Manager and assist other members of the team as required.
- The role will be broad but will involve assisting with research, contract negotiation, budget management, logistics management and you will liaise with clients and suppliers. You will also be part of the on-site team to manage conferences and events in the UK and overseas.
- The events can take place in all regions of the world. You will have a keen interest in travel and be happy to spend periods of time away from home.
- You will have a strong willingness and optimistic attitude to grow with this role.
- You will fully live the vision, mission and values of the company.
- You are highly professional and positive in your thoughts, words, action and appearance.
- You are a strong team player; you value the input of others and take responsibility for the part that you play.
- You are extremely organised, accurate and efficient.
- You must be able to deliver results under pressure and to deadlines.
- You must consistently follow processes which are in place; a high degree of self-compliance is expected.
- You are highly proficient at using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook with a high level of computer literacy as you will build registration sites and apps as part of your role and use our on-line collaboration system.
- A full, clean driving licence is an advantage but not essential.
- An ability to speak a second language, especially Spanish, is an advantage but not essential.
What you can expect from the role:
- You will be part of a growing and dynamic agency with over 20 years’ experience.
- There are career progression opportunities to become one of our valued Event Managers and manage projects end-to-end.
- The role will involve travel and you may be away from home for extended periods (sometimes up to 2 weeks).
- You will be required to work from our offices in Rye, East Sussex.