Job title: Data Manager
Company name: Sarah Fleming Associates Ltd
Location: Alderley Edge
Job type: Full-time
Salary info: £25,000.00 -£30,000.00
To apply: Send covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 25th October
Founder and owner Sarah Fleming has been working within the Meetings Industry for over twenty years and worked as a PCO for ten years. Since setting up SFA in 2010, she has successfully delivered lead generation services to many international clients. SFA are experts in research, lead generation and destination marketing for venues, convention bureaux, destination marketing organisations, tourist boards and event management agencies across the globe.
Clients outsource their research and lead generation needs to SFA as it not only makes business sense – reducing overheads and freeing up sales staff to get on with what they do best i.e. direct selling – but it also means that vital future business opportunities are not missed. SFA’s experienced, international team of multilingual, permanent members of staff have specialist research and data organisational skills and a proven track record with a number of significant international clients. SFA are now regarded as market leaders in this field. We provide excellent customer service, always work in a friendly yet professional manner to satisfy our client’s business requirements and are extremely proud of our excellent client relationships.
Don’t just take our word for it:
“In order for ADNEC to develop the conference sector of their business, they employed the services of SFA. Sarah and her team of dedicated professionals have a specific remit to represent that venue and develop leads which the front-line sales team at ADNEC can then progress as live enquiries. The work we have received from SFA have been presented in a clear and coherent manner, makes the next step for the sales team absolutely clear and most importantly is always aligned to the company’s sales strategy. Sarah is innovative, always open to taking clear guidance on the direction in which her research should be focused and is a very valuable extension of the team.” Robin Miller, Director of Sales - Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Company.
We’re looking for a high-calibre Data Manager to join our dynamic and multilingual international team based in Alderley Edge, UK. The role will involve accountability for refining SFA’s data qualification process and improving data management systems to increase productivity on buyer recruitment campaigns This will involve managing data protocols and disciplines for data handling during our lead generation activities for different clients. As the Data Manager you will be responsible for acting as the data management lead on all activities related to client projects.
Working within the data strategy and business processes already established by the company, your duties as the Data Manager will be varied however, the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• You will be responsible for ensuring that data provided for campaigns is of sufficient volume and quality.
• You will lead on the planning, control and execution of projects to ensure they are within an expected time-scale and budget expectation.
• You will act as the primary client contact with regards to all data management activities.
• You be accountable for performance analysis and reporting.
• Part of your role will involve contribution towards the running of the business through process analysis, continuous improvement and system enhancement.
The role is an opportunity to join a small but growing local company with flexibility, opportunities for progression and a fun/friendly environment! We would expect 3 – 4 years of relevant, professional working experience, however, applications from less experienced candidates are welcome and will be considered, the salary available will be commensurate to this. Full or Part time options are available.
Other duties will include:
1. Identifying areas for improvement, maintaining high quality data, system and process improvements across SFA’s buyer recruitment campaigns for hospitality events and lead generation.
2. Reporting and analysis - assist in making evidence based decisions through data gathering and analysis, identify ways to monitor and model performance, forecast and predict performance, assist users with more advanced reporting, draw insight and make recommendations, identify key trends, develop KPI and dashboards to assist with department priorities.
3. Researching and qualifying new data sources for various buyer recruitment and lead generation campaigns
4. Creation of new databases (using the company’s preferred software Filemaker Pro) and layouts as necessary for new clients/new projects, ensuring that they all follow similar rules and design. 5. Managing imports and exports from CRM - cleanse data, run routine checks.
6. Training - train teams in CRM usage, advise on best practice, administer access and permissions, develop training manuals. 7. Data governance - review and maintain policies, ensure regulations are adhered to reporting any data breaches, including ensuring effective database back-ups.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
Data Managers must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and a proven track record of consulting with a team of staff. They must be proactive with a great eye for detail. Although not essential, we will give preference to those candidates with the following on their profile and past history:
1. Degree in Computer Science or another relevant discipline.
2. Previous industry experience of data management and projects control, ideally in a CRM environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with controlling all data management activities such as planning, budgeting, documentation and client engagement.
They must also be able to demonstrate:
• The ability to work to and achieve targets;
• The ability to work in an organised manner and with tenacity;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Confidence and interpersonal skills to be able to engage with team members and clients;
• A strong level of IT literacy (especially Microsoft Office, FileMaker Pro, ICCA and Mailchimp)
Clients are all in the Meetings and Events Industry eg Hotels, Conference Centres, Convention Bureaux, Tourist Boards, and Event Management Agencies so experience of this market sector is preferable. Languages and an understanding of or previous involvement with ICCA (the International Congress and Convention Association) would be a bonus.
We strive for excellence in everything we do:
Over the past 10 years, SFA have connected clients to thousands of Associations, local ambassadors/hosts and corporate conference organisers, resulting in a significant return on investment for our clients. “We have worked with Sarah Fleming Associates for the last 7 years and are incredibly happy with the quality of business development leads created, the strategic outlook in market segmentation and the ROI of business confirmed. We are confident that our brand is represented externally in a professional manner through all interactions and communications with potential leads.” Orla Canavan, Strategic Partnerships & Futures Manager, Fáilte Ireland.
What are the success criteria?
The key performance indicators and objectives of the role are:
• Achievement of set campaign targets e.g. delivery of qualified leads for client campaigns such as the number of sales appointments scheduled, attendees at a hospitality event etc.
• Productivity management;
• Profitability of client accounts; understanding performance vs. contractual assumptions;
• How qualified leads perform in relation to meeting clients’ objectives; Meeting targets and KPIs, ensuring that SFA’s obligations in their contract with clients are met.
The role may involve some travel both within the UK and internationally, but most duties are carried out within the SFA office.
• Competitive salary package subject to skills and experience;
• If on annual salary (rather than hourly flexi-time wage) this will include SSP and 28 days paid holiday (inclusive of 8 statutory bank holidays) per annum;
• Possible loyalty and/or performance related bonus after 24 months of service;
• Pension scheme (over and above Workplace Statutory Pension for staff with SFA more than 3 years);
• Easy commute to the office from Alderley Edge train station which is 5 minutes walking distance and easy motorway links to office;
• Opportunities for development and progression within growing company;
• Regular professional development & training (internal plus attendance at ‘industry’ events) including induction for new starters;
• Possibilities for flexible working hours/days and/or term time only working;
• Travel opportunities;
• Professional, supportive and fun environment;
• Clean modern offices with access to private kitchen. Please send your CV with covering letter explaining why you are applying for this role (quoting SFA Data Manager) to: email@example.com