Job title: Client Relationship Manager
Company name: Shocklogic
Location: Brixton, London
Job Type: Full Time
Salary info: £27k to £35k p.a.
To apply: Send a cover letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 August 2019
Our company values are the heart and soul of Shocklogic, and they are what make us so unique. They help us to promote a motivated and productive work environment. We always communicate
with transparency and nurture each individual with care, empathy and compassion.
Shocklogic is an award-winning, family-run company, and we treat our staff and clients like family. Our global team is passionate and vibrant, with over 120 years of combined industry experience.
We have made it our mission to make the lives of event organisers easier, through management software, technology, and services. Our office is fast-paced, and we pride ourselves on our agile working environment, where every voice is heard.
Event management is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. The UK events industry is worth £42.3 billion! No two events are the same. In this company you will have the opportunity to be very hands-on, and attend many events, many even abroad.
● Competitive salary depending on experience (27k - 40k).
● Yearly bonus depending on target met.
● 23 days holiday, rising to 25.
● Friendly working environment.
● Guaranteed worldwide travel opportunities.
● Access to self-development courses.
We are looking for a Client Relationship Manager with at least 4 to 5 years of experience to support and expand our portfolio of international clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Manage a portfolio of international clients, in over 78 countries ( 1 million + total portfolio). We are currently branching out to the corporate market and this person will be key in this
● Provide the first point of contact with our client base and maintain high levels of communication and relationships with all clients.
● Manage client budgets and internal financial reporting.
● Maximise up-sell opportunities and contract negotiations with the sales team (Incentive and commission structure will be available).
● Coordinating and overseeing client service and exploring materials such as presentations for meetings, RFPs, ad hoc reports and general correspondence.
● Provide operational support where required and support staff within the technical and support team.
● Become an expert in our systems and provide advice and consultancy for clients.
● Provide consultancy on the union of processes and system implementation within registration management, abstract management, exhibition management and membership management.
● Identify customer needs, wants and expectations clearly and take the initiative to constantly and consistently exceed clients expectations.
● Managing onsite projects as requested by the clients.
● Ensure the timely delivery of programs, projects, and services, effectively adapting to tight deadlines and sudden changes in priorities to accomplish the client’s needs and
● Adapt to tight deadlines and sudden changes in client priorities.
● Recognize and make the best use of the diverse skills, abilities, experiences of team members to achieve the best outcomes.
● Assist with challenging client requests or manage issue escalations to Support/Tech Team and inform necessary details.
● Communicate clearly the progress of quarterly/yearly initiatives to internal stakeholders. (Biz-dev Team, Finance Team, Tech/Support Team, Marketing Team, CEO)
● Forecast and track key account metrics. (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
● Prepare reports on client account status.
● Organise internal and external meetings as required. Prepare and distribute material for meetings as well as taking ownership of the client deliverables. Monitor and follow up
action points after the meeting.
● Liaise with Business Development team to develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to grow business.
● Collaborate with Tech team in order to provide the best solutions/services to the client
● Communicate accurate client information and action required to the support/tech team ensuring best outcomes.
● Maintain a strong relationship with our partners and suppliers (badges, lanyards, equipment, travel, hotels and other vendors) to obtain best pricing standard and practice.
● Excellent attention to detail applied to all areas of forms/profile/website/apps building & testing and always be forward-thinking to drive improvements.
● Plan ahead for any risks and contingencies, identifying opportunities and problems to ensure that best results are achieved.
● Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
● Adhere to the processes necessary to accomplish goals and adhere to timelines in the most efficient and effective way.
● Accurately prioritize problems/initiatives in time-sensitive situations and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
● Maximise up-sell opportunities through educating existing customers with our services and products using tools such as Toolbox, Webinar, FAQ’s, patch notes or new release.
● Contribute with ideas and solutions on how we can improve our current processes and methods
● Identify and share ideas on our software can be improved
● Managing Client Relationship Associate and Account Support team members including performance appraisal, 1 to 1 reviews, monitor absence and sick leaves
● Providing training and support to the registration and abstract coordinators and account support team
● Developing and delivering workshops to teach hands-on skills to the team, introduce new concepts and to demonstrate and encourage best practices of the actual methods
● Attend company training and meetings when required.
● National and International travel to client meetings and training sessions, sometimes at short notice.
Job Skills & Qualifications
● At least 4/5 years of experience in an event-based organisation (operational or technology-based), or involved in event organisation in the Association Market within the events and meetings Industry
● Experience in similar account management or client-facing roles
● An understanding of Association and Society based events or events of a scientific nature within the Association market
● Ability to project plan and take sole responsibility for your client portfolio
● Able to listen actively, acknowledge the message, explore the ideas and then respond
● Confident in communicating with all levels of client personnel remotely or in company presentations
● A methodical and thorough approach to work, ensuring accuracy at all times.
● Must be professional and flexible at all times
● Self-motivated and willing to take ownership of work
● Strong time management and organisation skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work under pressure and prioritise in order to meet deadlines
● Comfortable to travel independently and represent Shocklogic at client offices, onsite events and during sales presentations and trade shows
● Exceptional communication skills, confident communicating to individuals from a system user to CEO level
● Previous knowledge or experience in using CRM system, registration and abstract management systems is preferred
● IT literate. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The candidate must be a dynamic and inspired individual willing to live his/her dream, who will bring into our team not only professional skills but passion and commitment. The candidate
should have a desire for quality and excellence and be ready to learn every day, and with our support be willing to grow and expand with the company. The candidate should understand that
in this team, the sky is the limit and that the possibilities are endless and that in this company we all act as leaders. The management team will test her/him and will expect her/him to explore and
to be curious, to want to grow and to want to evolve. For us ‘EQ’ is as important as ‘IQ’, attitude is as important as aptitude, the intention is as important as delivery.
As a small company, the ability to contribute ideas and development within our growing, dynamic organisation are always to be encouraged. You will have an opportunity to learn and grow in an
entrepreneurial-based environment. You will be expected to become an expert user of our systems and to help improve it. We are all part of the testing team!
Please let us know if you have experience and understanding of any of the following requirements that would help support your application:
● Experience in working with event management software and supporting event management procedures.
● Experience in registration management.
● Experience in abstract management.
● Experience in exhibition management.
● Experience in membership management.
● Experience in implementing and executing training programmes and webinars.
● Ability to speak more than one language.
● Driving licence.