Job title: Business Development Manager
Company name: Wolf & White
Location: HQ in Derby, Position can be based London
Job type: Full Time
Salary info: £45K plus commission (OTE £65K)
To apply: Send covering letter & CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 April 2019
Wolf & White is fast becoming a go-to name in the Hair, Fashion & Beauty sector for creating and delivering outstanding brand experiences from small press launches for 50 to award winning exhibition booths, to their largest production show for 10,000 hair stylists. A true full-service agency, based in the Midlands, they have in-house design, video, expo, production, creative and logistics services and much, much more! They work globally, with varied clients including Redken, Matrix, Biolage, Ghd, Tangle Teezer, Milkshake, Z-One, One for The Boys and Pureology. A small team, with big clients and big ambitions.
This is a new position within a rapid growth business. We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. You will be the face of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
The ideal candidate will have a love for the Hair, Fashion & Beauty industry, enabling confidence and passion when seeking new clients in these sectors. Experience in event sales, production or experiential a must due to the event portfolio being so varied in type.
Responsibilities and desired skills:
- The ideal candidate will need to be a self-starter and have a proven background in proactively seeking out and winning business ideally gained from working with a production or event agency environment, although other event related backgrounds will also be considered. Candidates need to be confident in managing the full 360 sales process and will have strengths in working proactively and managing ongoing relationships.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing the company’s sales strategy and will play a crucial role in the company’s sales performance
- Conduct research to identify new markets to secure new business from various market sector corporates.
- The candidate will proactively seek new opportunities, win new customers and create awareness of the company’s services.
- Generate a set number of new client appointments per week
- The candidate needs to have excellent sales and negotiation skills, initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Proactively identify and secure substantial new business and new lines of revenue
- Develop and manage a healthy pipeline of business, covering an 18 month period
- The post holder will follow a strategy to targeted specific industries, as set out by DOS
- Work to agreed KPIs and targets
- Assist the DOS with creating a year round calendar and strategy for networking events, entertaining events, and FAM trips for current and potential clients
- Provide weekly and monthly sales reporting to DOS
- Attend industry exhibitions and networking events and follow-up on leads generated
- Flexibility to travel will be required
Attributes Required - Business Development Manager
Proven Track Record of delivering confident Sales Pitches
Skills & Competencies:
Results driven and motivated to hit and exceed targets
Ability to build relationships with clients and work in their best interests
Ability to develop and maintain strong, professional working relationships with colleagues
Good presentation skills
Experience in using Microsoft Office and CRM database
Excellent phone and ‘face-to-face’ manner
Enthusiastic and a positive outlook
Organised approach to work with good attention to detail