Job Role: Business Development Executive
Location: Chelsea FC
Salary: Dependent on experience
Job Type: Full time
To Apply: Send CV and covering letter to: hayley.smith@ChelseaFC.com
Closing Date: 31 March 2019
DEPARTMENT: Business Development
REPORTING TO: Head of Business Development
JOB FUNCTION: This is an exciting opportunity to join the Business Development team at Chelsea FC to drive, proactively promote and sell into the UK market business our Meeting, Incentives Conferences and Events (MICE) facilities. In this dynamic role, you will deliver new MICE business through calling leads, attend, and network at industry events and through developing current and new relationships with corporate businesses.
As Business Development Executive, you will work closely within the Business Development Team and work closely with the Meeting and Events Team, whilst independently pursing individual KPIs and revenue targets.
- Identify new business opportunities in the market and potential contacts;
- Approach potential clients through cold calls, referrals, LinkedIn and other sources;
- Meet potential new clients to present Chelsea FC’s MICE facilities and understand the client needs and business opportunities;
- Build a personal network within relevant markets and expand sales activities;
- Host and attend industry exhibitions & attend networking events;
- Act as a brand ambassador when responding to all enquiries and escalating to the meeting and events department when appropriate;
- sales reports to Business development Managers;
- To maintain accurate, database records of all accounts, detailing content of all meetings and telephone conversations held with clients via Microsoft Dynamics.
- Circa 1 years’ experience in a proactive sales role, preferably within the MICE industry;
- Experience dealing with decision makers from corporate business areas;
- Result and performance oriented;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work in a demanding environment;
- Excellent communication and relationship skills;
- Strong networking skills;
- Hands On work ethic and ability to work with autonomy;
- Experience with CRM Dynamics or an equivalent CRM is desirable but not required.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea FC PLC policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Foundation Safeguarding Lead.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.