Job title: Assistant Director
Company name: Euromic
Location: Home based
Job type: Full time
Salary info: £32-36,000 per year
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 19 February 2019
Euromic is a non-profit association representing the leading Events and Destination Marketing Companies (DMC) in the world. Our aim is to market and promote our members to the meetings,
conferences and incentive travel industry on a worldwide basis. We are searching for an Assistant Director to assist in the day-to-day administrative function and marketing activities. Ideally the
candidate should have event planning, incentive travel or DMC experience. This is a varied and exciting role and requires a unique skill set. The role would suit a senior project manager who is looking to take their career to the next level. This position reports to Huw Tuckett, the Executive Director who is based in the UK.
The role is based in the UK. It is home based or wherever the incumbent wishes to base themselves, however they should have the capacity to print documentation and have access to fast broadband in an environment conducive to multiple and frequent conference calls. As the association is global, the candidate needs to liaise with service providers and vendors in multiple countries around the world.
Flexibility regarding office hours is therefore a prerequisite. Overseas travel is required 4/5 times a year and involves weekends and evening hours. Regular meetings with the Executive Director may also require some travel.
• Supports the Executive Director to develop effective internal and external communications, creating content and collateral and the production thereof.
• Assists with the various marketing efforts of the association including maintenance of the association website, preparing marketing material, image sourcing, article writing and regular social
media posts on relevant platforms.
• Assists in preparation of promotional activities such as: sales blitzes, workshops, etc.
• Supports the Executive Director and represents the Association at tradeshows, events, award evenings and the Association’ AGM. Organises Association presence at industry trade shows (e.g.
AGM, IMEX & IBTM), including recruitment of hosted buyer programs, travelling with and hosting them; organization of the Association events; liaison with suppliers and vendors; preparation of
registration tools and compilation of rooming lists.
• Updates the client (CRM) database on a continuous basis by inputting and approving data collected through monthly mailing lists and/or with updates provided by members.
• Collects and shares relevant marketing intelligence and research in order to keep membership well informed and the database up to date. Formats content, organizes user-friendly data with
summaries of contacts, mailing lists etc.
• Responds to various member queries and liaises with the Executive Director on specific queries.
• Process RFPs - requests for services.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director.
* At least 5 years project management, association management or event management experience.
* Educated to degree level.
* Be a highly organized person with attention to detail.
* Be comfortable with multi-tasking during the working day.
* Excellent customer service skills - the candidate will be the front line of the association to its members and clients and needs to display a professional appearance in both presentation and
* Marketing, digital marketing and a good understanding of social media is advantageous.
* Experience working with databases either custom made or SAAS is beneficial.
* Self-motivated with an ability to work independently.
* Language skills are an advantage but not a prerequisite.
* A high level of proficiency in the Microsoft office suite, especially PowerPoint & Excel.
An excellent package is available for the successful candidate and will be commensurate with their abilities and achievements. The successful candidate will be paid as a sub contractor and will be
responsible for their own costs, tax declarations, pension contributions etc. All business-related travel will be remunerated at cost. The candidate should be ready to start the role in April 2019.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations by 18th of February 2019 to email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed and will be treated in the strictest confidence.